Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The little things in life

Once lived an old and poor couple in a little hut. One day, as they were taking water at the river bank, the old woman commented on the old man's torn and tattered clothes. They were very poor and the clothes they wore were one filled with many patches. The old woman decided to buy a new clothes for the Old man but he said:"this clothes contained precious memories... This patch was created when you gave birth to our 1st child and you were screaming and pulling my clothes.. This patch was created when I was playing with our 1st child.. This patch was created...".

It was just an old piece of clothes but it carried so much memories for the old couple. Live life simply, treasure the time we have with our loved ones. One day , when you pick up the piece of clothes, you may be reminded of the beautiful memories created.

A simple illustration but yet it brought about so much reflections :)
Today's devotion spoke to me again.. How I love to be able to apply what u have learnt! :) putting first thing first, putting God first before everything else. There are times I failed to, I allow my own emotions carried away and I regretted my actions thereafter. However, this reminder also taught me to commit Abby to God first. I don't have to be panicky over her well being but to commit her to The Lord first. :)

Father, I commit the family into Your hands that God You will keep the evil spirits away and help us to stay united as a family. As we wait for the plans to be unfold, may You grant us the wisdom and strength to persevere in the things we do and the things to come. Please watch over Abby as she grow each day, grant me wisdom to know more abt her well being and to trust You will provide for her need. Please be with law as he drives to work each day and grant him favor at work. Amen!

Interestingly, I still find it funny to say I am a mother of 1 daughter... Hmmm haha.. My cheeky little girl... :)



No comments: